We have reached week 12 in the NFL, the bye weeks have come and gone and the playoff races are starting to heat up. Last week proved to be a very interesting one with some teams we thought were geared up to stake their claim to the top 5 faltering. The top 3 teams in this week rankings cannot be disputed, numbers 4 and 5, on the other hand, can be disputed. Here we go.
1. New Orleans Saints (10-0) - The Saints took care of business against a dismal Tampa Bay team last week, 38-7. Their offense clicked on all cylinders and their defense looked dominating. This week will be a huge test for the Saints as the New England Patriots come to town on Monday night football. This may be their last tough game on their way to an undefeated season. Will Drew Brees and company take care of business and remain undefeated, I am not sure but I can't wait to watch!
2. Indianapolis Colts (10-0) - The Colts remained undefeated after squeaking out another close victory against the Baltimore Ravens. The Colts have won by the skin of their teeth for the last month but still have yet to lose. They head to Houston this week to face their division opponents, the Texans. The Texans always play the Colts tough and this week will be no different. I still like the Colts to win this week and remain undefeated and keep hope alive for an undefeated Superbowl featuring the Saints and Colts.
3. Minnesota Vikings (9-1) - The Vikings just absolutely demolished the Seahawks last week 35-9. They were beating them so bad going into the fourth quarter that they handed over the offense reigns to Tavaris Jackson and let Favre get some much needed rest. This team really looks unstoppable right now. Favre is the top rated quarterback in the league and Adrian Peterson is 1 yard away from another 1,000 yard rushing season, not to mention their defense has been playing really well as of late. They host the Bears this week who have been playing some terrible football, the Vikings should go to 10-1.
4. San Diego Chargers (7-3) - The Chargers have now won 5 straight games and aside from the two undefeated teams are the hottest team in the NFL. They embarrassed they Denver Broncos on Sunday, allowing only 3 points and taking complete control of the AFC West. They will face the Kansas City Chiefs this week who showed a sign of life last week defeating the defended world champion Pittsburgh Steelers in overtime. With that said, I think the Chargers will come out and put a hurting on the Chiefs.
5. New England Patriots (7-3) - For the first time this season, the Patriots have edged their way into our power rankings. They have won 4 out of their last 5 games and now have a strangle hold on their division. They face our #1 team this week, the New Orleans Saints, in New Orleans. This will be a huge test and if they fail their time in our power rankings will be very short lived.
There you have it, NFL power rankings for week 12. Make sure to check out our newest NFL picks show which you can see at www.youtube.com/meares78.