Before I begin my thoughts there is one thing I want to say...my rankings and picks last week were horrible...just wanted people to understand I know when I have a bad week...here we go...
1. The New York Jets must be handing out HGH to its players...that is the only explanation as to why Ladanian Tomlinson looks like he is 25 again. He made some cuts on Sunday that almost broke my ankles and I was just sitting on the couch.
2. Peyton Hillis looks like a reincarnated Mike Alstott but Hillis might actually be tougher. Congrats to the Browns on their first victory of the year.
3. How does the best defense in the league allow the Ravens to go the length of the field at the end of the game and give up the game winning field goal? This is the same Ravens team that couldn't move the ball against the Bengals...what happened Pittsburgh?
4. Kyle Orton leads the league in passing yards through 4 weeks, seriously? They lost their best receiver during the offseason and he is throwing for more yards?
5. 3 out of the 4 losses by the Detroit Lions have been by a combined 10 points. Does that make the Lion's fans feel any better about starting 0-4......again?
6. I don't care how good Nate Clements is...he deserves to be cut from the 49ers immediately, or at least fined for stupidity. After his interception, if he takes a knee or runs out of bounds the 49ers finally win a game...instead he tries to score, fumbles and costs the 49ers a win. Idiot of the Week Award.
7. 46 year old John Carney kicked three field goals on Sunday for the Saints. He is so old that he is a player in Super Tecmo Bowl which was available on the original nintendo game system.
8. The St. Louis Rams are tied for first place in the NFC West. There is no way I would have ever imagined writing that sentence this year.
9. Perhaps letting Matt Leinart go before the season and not signing a veteran backup quarterback wasn't the best move for the Arizona Cardinals. Hindsight is 20/20 but does it count as hindsight if everyone says it immediately after the move?
10. Josh Scobee, you are amazing. You win my MVP for week 4, a 59 yard field goal to win the game? That is as clutch as it gets.
11. Houston's defense needs to figure out how to stop the pass, if they don't it will be a very short January for them, but at least they should make it to Janaury, right?
12. Donovan McNabb...please don't think you had anything to do with beating the Eagles, you completed 2 of 11 passes in the second half and 8 completions total. You actually played worse than anyone could have predicted.
13. I would make the entire offensive line for the Bears walk home from New York, allowing 9 sacks in one half of football is unacceptable, especially when you are undefeated. I found the betting line to be very odd, Bears +4, but obviously someone in Las Vegas knows what they are doing and just made a boat load of money.
Check in next Monday to see my week 5 thoughts and don't forget to visit my site, www.moleandmeares.com where you can see our weekly NFL picks video and submit your picks for a chance to win our weekly prize!