This post used to be called thoughts on week 5 but it didn't get much traction so I have changed the name to hopefully garner more interest. I will give you my perspective on each game from yesterday.
1. I thought the Bills might get there first win this week, then I woke up from my dream and remembered they were the Bills. 216 rushing yards allowed isn't going to win you any games.
2. The Lions are winless no more. When was the last time that a team had less yards of offense but won a game by 38 points?
3. I figured out this weekend why Kyle Orton is leading the league in passing yards, the Broncos don't have a running game, 39 total rushing yards??? Welcome back to the league Ray Rice and thank you for showing me why I drafted you second in my fantasy league, you were about to be benched.
4. Maybe the Kansas City Chiefs are good? They held the potent Colts offense to only 1 touchdown. Matt Cassel is not a good quarterback and that will be their achilles heal for the season.
5. What happened to Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers offense? 13 points against the Redskins? This team looks out of sorts and they need to get the train back on the tracks or they are going to dissappoint a lot of Wisconians.
6. Explain to me how you win a game when your starting quarterback goes 6-16 for 32 yards and throws 4 interceptions? Oh wait, you play the Carolina Panthers, thats how. By the way, Matt Forte, you are a beast.
7. Up 7 points with the ball with 3 minutes left in the game and your opponent has 1 timeout left. How can you possibly lose in regulation? I know, have Carson Palmer throw not one, but two interceptions. Not a good loss for the Bengals.
8. In the most boring game of the week, the Falcons beat the Browns. Did anyone watch this game? The Falcons are now the best team in the NFC but can they beat any of the top 5 teams in the AFC?
9. The New York Giants defense has finally woke up. They allowed less than 200 yards of offense to one of the best offensive teams in the NFL. Eli Manning needs to stop throwing interceptions if this team is going to be a contender.
10. Drew Brees, what happened? New Orleans Saints, what happened? You lost to an undrafted rookie quarterback? How is that even possible? The Cardinals had less than 200 yards of offense but yet beat the defending Superbowl champions.
11. There is trouble in Big D. Dallas is now 1-3 and at the bottom of the NFC East which really isn't the strongest division in the league this year. Tony Romo, you are supposed to be a veteran quarterback but yet you keep making rookie decisions. Not good.
12. Congrats to the Raiders for beating the Chargers for the first time since 2003. The Chargers need to spend a week figuring out how to hold onto the ball, three lost fumbles sealed their fate.
13. LeSean McCoy is a tough cookie, playing this game with a broken rib and putting up 138 yards from scrimmage. At the same time you earn the Idiot of the Week award for diving like a quarterback 2 yard short of the first down marker and almost losing the game. Congrats!
Check back next Monday for my week 6 recap and don't forget to check out our site at www.moleandmeares.com to see our weekly picks video show and submit your picks for a chance to win our weekly prize!